Scientific chairs are financial grants provided by individuals or
organizations to support scientific research and education in higher education
institutions. The College of Engineering has given this issue a particular
attention because of its conviction that such initiatives agree with and
support its strategic priorities and contribute to the its distinction and
excellence as well as its major competencies.
Senior Administration has recently decided to sponsor a scientific chair in
Rail Research. On its part, the College has already submitted applications for
sponsoring two scientific chairs: The first is in Roadways and Bridge Research
and the other in Energy Efficiency and Conservation Research to one of the most
prominent companies in the Kingdom. The two proposed chairs are currently in
the processing phase and have come a long way of, hopefully, final approval. In
addition, the College has prepared a list of potential scientific chairs that
are intended to be moved forward based on their significance in terms of
available opportunities and their alliance to the College and KFU capabilities.
the College vision that highlights and includes the contribution to the success
of stakeholders by adopting the concept of community engagement, the College
believes in the vital importance of selecting an adequate and highly qualified
chair professor, and in providing high quality services that meet the sponsor's
expectations. The chair professor is expected to deliver the following tasks:
Publication, and Consultancies
- Recruit qualified researchers in the chair area and support
college faculty and graduate students in conducting research.
- Publish research results and articles and present theses and
books, and document Saudi experiences.
- Establish specialized scientific journals and author and translate
- Support the success of private and public organizations by
Education and Training
- Convene scientific meeting such as seminars, workshops, and
- Conduct short training courses.
- Support colleges by providing and facilitating public lectures,
filed trips, practical training, and student contests.
Contacts and Networking
- Creating research networks and specialized scientific councils.
- International cooperation and community partnerships and
establishing alliances with other institutions and specialized centers.
- Providing information and interactive services by various means
such as the e-news and the chair website on the internet and publishing
scientific and professional brochures.
In addition, the chair
sponsor enjoys the following privileges:
- Naming the chair after the sponsor whether an individual or
- Adding the sponsor's name to the KFU's golden list
- Posting the sponsor's name in the labs and areas that belong to
- Acknowledging and noting the sponsor's name in the published works
in journals and in the seminars and other publications done by the chair.
- Posting the sponsor's name on the chair's website and adding a
link to the sponsor's website or to their resume.
- Showing and highlighting the sponsor's name or logo in event
files, formal invitations, posters, and backgrounds among other media tools.
- Inviting the sponsor and providing them with an extra number of
VIP invitations for attending the chair important events such as conferences,
and noting and acknowledging their name in formal speeches in the opening
ceremonies of all chair-related events.
- Mentioning the sponsor's name in the ads and media and press
interviews that accompany the chair activities and accomplishments.
- Granting the sponsor full access to and benefit from the research
findings, to attend training courses and seminars associated with the chair.
- Posting ads and marketing materials for the sponsor on the chair
website and all venues that host the chair activities.
The College invites
individuals, companies, and organizations to sponsor any of the scientific
chairs of most priority proposed by the College as presented in the table
below. Further, the College welcomes any suggested ideas or thoughts of
particular interest to the potential sponsor.
For more information and/or
queries, please contact the Dean of the College directly at:
Phone Number: +966 13 589 5454
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chair Topic
Tunnel and Subsurface Infrastructure
Wireless Communication and Networks
Electric Distribution System Automation
Solid Waste Treatment
Modeling and Simulation of Macro/Micro