The Directorate General of Planning and Budget is one of the major university directorates, which attends to all that relates to the planning process and follow-up, preparing annual reports, preparing the university budget project and spending plan, discharging financial engagements, and carrying out any other works assigned to the Directorate within its area of competence.
First: Organizational Structure:
Director general of planning and budget
Office of Planning
Department of Planning and Follow-up
Department of Statistics and Information
Department of Studies and organization
Office of the Budget
Department of the Budget
Department of Financial Engagements and Spending
Department of Jobs
Second: Duties and Competences of the Directorate
A. Office of planning
1. Working in partnership with competent parties to prepare the University 5-year development plan and suggest timetables for the University operational plan once delivered by the Ministry of Economy and Planning.
2. Participating in planning the labor force, estimating the University needs for individuals with specific skills and specialties for an upcoming period of time, and deciding on the best means and resources to respond to such needs.
3. Preparing the annual report on monitoring the implementation of the plan in conformity with the requirements of both the Ministry of Economy and Planning and the Ministry of Higher Education.
4. Preparing the annual report on the University activities and achievements during the academic year and having the report approved by the University Council prior to submitting it to the Ministry of Higher Education.
5. Collecting, examining, classifying and presenting statistical data concerning all that pertains to the University different activities as well as conducting the statistical analysis.
6. Preparing periodic statistical bulletins in accordance with the forms of the Ministry of Higher Education delivered for the students and the labor force.
7. Providing concerned and formal bodies with data, statistics and information relating to the University.
8. Carrying out any other works assigned to the Office within its area of competence.
B. Office of the Budget:
1. Discussing and studying budget projects presented by the University parties before including them in the University budget scheme.
2. Preparing the University budget scheme in its four sections (salaries, allowances and wages; operational spending; operation, maintenance, and cleaning programs; projects) to bring it before the University Council together with any explanatory memoranda or interpretative reports and to deliver it to the Ministry of Finance.
3. Preparing all information and data relating to the University budget scheme in its four sections in accordance with the directives and forms issued by the Ministry of Finance in this respect.
4. Working in partnership with the Ministry of Finance to discuss the budget scheme and respond to any inquiries, and providing the Ministry with any additional information or clarifications about the scheme.
5. Informing all University parties of the financial appropriations for the items and projects of the University annual budget.
6. Preparing the spending plan for the distribution of the budget’s four sections, items, programs and projects.
7. Presenting a periodic report to the University president about monitoring spending on the budget sections in direct coordination with the University Directorate of Finance.
8. Participating in preparing the forms for modifying the University administrative and technical posts, which are delivered to the Ministry of Civil Service.
9. Participating in preparing a classification and codification of the posts for faculty members and teachers, administrative and technical jobs, health workers, employees and laborers.
10. Discharging the financial engagements within all sections of the budget while observing the necessity of the engagement before approving any outlay or settlement on the expenditure account.
11. Regular monitoring of the University directorates to encourage quick completion of engagement requests procedures and to outlay such requests before spending on the budget items is terminated.
12. Preparing financial studies and memoranda referred to the Directorate by the University higher management.
13. Preparing financial memoranda necessary for government decisions concerning budgetary reclassifications within the items, programs and projects of the University budget.
14. Carrying out any other works assigned to the Office within its area of competence.
For further information, please contact Mr. Fu’ad Ibrahim al-Da’ej (ext. 1258)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لجامعة الملك فيصل 2016 © | تصميم وتطوير عمادة تقنية المعلومات